Affecting visitors coming from Botswana or Zambia into Namibia, as well as people going to Zambia, for the prevention of the spread of Foot and Mouth disease.
MOVEMENT OF ANIMALS/PRODUCTS AND INFECTIOUS THINGS THROUGH VETERINARY ROAD BLOCKS, CAPRIVI.
- The following animals/infectious things may not under any circumstances be allowed to pass through the road blocks from any infected area:
- All cloven hoofed animals (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and game.)
- Raw red meat
- Raw milk
- Grass, hay, straw, reeds, Lucerne
- Hides and skins and second hand jute bags
- Bone, bone meal , carcass meal and blood meal
- Large quantities of firewood i.e., vehicle load
- Sour milk
- Other products that might pose a risk – contact State Veterinarian.
- The following may cross the road block from an infected area:
- Horses, donkeys and mules
- Live or frozen poultry and birds, feathers, eggs and raw meat of poultry and birds
- Fish, reptiles, frogs, worms
- Vegetables, fruit, wild, free from manure or blood
- Leafy vegetables such as cabbages, spinach, lettuce, celery, etc., if free from manure or blood.
- Butter, margarine, cheese in original container/package
- Sealed containers of pasteurized milk
- Cooked meat/canned products/polony, Vienna’s in original/vacume packed container
- Mealie – meal
- Quarry stones for construction
- Trophies (with taxidermy documents) wrapped in transparent material
- The following may cross the road block after spraying with 5% washing soda
- Wood carvings, curios, mats, future manufactured from reads/grass
- Small quantities of firewood less than 20kg
HornsDr. F. JoubertDeputy
Chief Veterinary Officer